A blog about SQL Server, SSIS, C# and whatever else I happen to be dealing with in my professional life.

Find ramblings

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Twitter warm fuzzy

The internet overlords at work really need to remove Twitter from the list of banned sites.  Sure, there's plenty of noise on there but I absolutely love it as an option for interacting with my peers.  Case in point, I had a question about SQL Server Reporting Services as I wasn't sure if mine was installed correctly and @SeanBoon, the program manager for SSRS responded.  How awesome is that?  It's not an isolated event either, at least for SQL tweeps.  Questions and answers on SSIS, backups, recovery, optimization, best practices, etc all fly through the twittersphere.  As much as I'd love to attribute this phenomenon to the sheer awesomeness of our community, I think there are other groups out there organized and sharing information in real-time. Maybe I'm just an information hippie but I think that's far out, man.

No comments: