A blog about SQL Server, SSIS, C# and whatever else I happen to be dealing with in my professional life.

Find ramblings

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

SSIS Project Protection Level

SSIS Project Protection Level

My first post about new features in the SQL Server Denali CTP1, aka "Engine of the Devil", was going to be about SSIS package deployment until I noticed this little nugget: project protection level. It's like someone tweeted earlier: it's the little things, undo and redo that make this a better release. There are steps I take every time I spin up a new package: logging, configuration, transactions, and set the package protection level. Full disclosure: I have never had cause to use anything but "Don't save sensitive." In v.Next, I noticed a new option in the project properties. You can now define the SSIS Project Protection Level. Simple, yes but now I will have one less thing to worry about when junior developers or outside contractors develop SSIS packages.
Denali SSIS project protection
From ProfessionalBlog
Denali SSIS project protection options
From ProfessionalBlog

No comments: