A blog about SQL Server, SSIS, C# and whatever else I happen to be dealing with in my professional life.

Find ramblings

Thursday, January 21, 2010

You can't get ye flask (or performance counters)

I'm finally getting my feet wet with SQL Server 2008 and working
through some SSIS stuff. 2008 is running on my Windows 7 VM so new on
the new. Ran my first package and "[SSIS.Pipeline] Warning: Warning:
Could not open global shared memory to communicate with performance
DLL; data flow performance counters are not available. To resolve,
run this package as an administrator, or on the system's console."

I assume that's a Windows 7 thing so even though I'm an admin, I have
to explicitly right click visual studio and say run as admin to get
that to go away. It'd be nice if I could just sudo my way into admin
rights within the current context instead of having to shut Visual
Studio down and relaunching it.

References:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345164.aspx
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail94.html

No comments: